The government has commenced investigations into Saturday night’s gas explosion at Atomic Junction in Accra.
The move is to help prevent the occurrence of such disasters in the country.
The explosion has so far led to the death of seven people with over 132 people sustaining various degrees of injuries.
In a statement signed and issued by the Minister of Information, Mr Mustapha Abdul Hamid on Sunday, October 8, 2017, government said it would implement the outcome of the investigation with firm action.
“An investigation has commenced into the cause of the explosion and shall be followed with firm action to forestall future similar reoccurrences”, he said.
He has, therefore, commended the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) and sister security agencies for their quick response to the gas explosion.