Jackie Appiah, born on December 5, 1983 is an award winning Canadian born Ghanaian actress known for roles in such films as “The Perfect Picture” and “Mummy’s Daughter.”
Jackie Appiah has received countless number of awards and nominations including the awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2010 African Movie Academy Awards and Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the African Movie Academy Awards in 2007.
Jackie Appiah’s Biography, Awards, Marriage and Pictures and more
1. Jackie Appiah Agyemang was born on December 5, 1983 in Canada but moved back to Ghana along with her parents in 1993, She made her first onscreen appearance on the popular TV series Things We Do for Love, and not only were we smitten, She was awesome as most of us practically fell head over heels with her sweet character. Prior to that, she was a runner up at the Talent Teens Competition started acting at the age of 12 in her local church group.
2. Her professional acting career began when she was cast as Enyonam Blagogee in the TV series Things We Do for Love
3. Following her onscreen debut Jackie went on to create a successful acting career including starring in the smash hit movie Beyoncé alongside prominent Ghanaian actors Van Vicker and Nadia Buari, quickly establishing herself as an A lister.
4. Jackie Appiah has won numerous awards, including a prestigious Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) for best supporting actress in 2007.
5. She hopes to study Entertainment Law or Media Law.
6. Jackie married Peter Agyemang in 2005. The couple have a son, Damien. But they are currently divorced.
7. Jackie’s face has graced many billboards and magazines. Jackie Appiah has also cashed in on her A list status as she has endorsed many products and was the spokes person for AID/HIV awareness campaign in Ghana
Source: Ghana Vibes.