The Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has called on Ghanaians to remain calm, adding that President Akufo- Addo is not going to announce a lock down as being speculating on the social media.
“He is not going to announce a lock down as some are speculating on social media, putting up a bit of panic in the market…… So he is not going to announce lock down. We are not going into a lock down”, he said.
According to him, although the President will be addressing the nation tonight (Saturday March 21, 2020) to update the citizenry on the current state of COVID 19 in Ghana and measures being taken to fight the virus, he will not touch on lock down.
He said this on Accra based Joy FM, monitored by Graphic Online of Saturday.
The address, according to him, follows a meeting with the Covid-19 response committee.
He further explained that the measures initiated by the President have been successful, hence there will be a need to enhance some of them and not a lock down.
“He will be speaking to best of enhancement that we need to take as a country and not a lock down”, he stressed
Mr. Oppong Nkrumah added: “Case management reports show that the active cases are responding very well to treatment awaiting final cure tests. Our frontline response workers at hospitals and ports are doing well so far.