The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government has planned to roll out seven promises this year, The Minister of Finance, Mr Ken Ofori-Atta has said.
Presenting the 2017 budget on Thursday, Mr Ofori-Atta said the programmes were aimed at boosting the economy and bolstering the confidence of investors in the country.
The programmes he listed include;
1. Establishment of the Infrastructure for poverty eradication – each constituency to receive the cedi equivalent of million dollars to combat poverty;
2. Implementation of the one district one factory – initiating industrialisation as promised during the 2016 election campaigns;
3. Establishment of the Zongo Development Fund to support the development of Zongo communities;
4. Roll out of the National Identification System to help formalise the economy;
5. Roll out the free senior high school to ensure equal opportunities for students;
6. Roll out the national digital addressing system;
7. Restoration of the teachers and nursing trainee allowance;